Mappy was an in-house level mapping tool for Silicon Graphics machines created and used by SCEE Cambridge Studio during the development of MediEvil. The tool was primarily developed by Matt Johnson and Andrew Ostler. According to Katie Sorrell, who was a level mapper on MediEvil and MediEvil 2,[3.1][4.1] Mappy could be used to set up enemy and item placements, cameras, and collisions. This data was then saved and exported in the proprietary MAP format.
The following people at SCEE Cambridge Studio served as level mappers and were thus users of Mappy:
- Andrew Ostler
- Dave Holloway[4.1]
- Gareth Hughes[4.1]
- James Shepherd
- Jonathan Double[4.1]
- Katie Sorrell
- Lindsay Pollard[3.1]
- Mark Ashton
- Pete Giles
- Frogger: He's Back!. Developed by SCEE Cambridge Studio. Published by Hasbro Interactive in 1997.
- Beast Wars. Developed by SCEE Cambridge Studio. Published by Hasbro Interactive in 1997.
- MediEvil. Developed by SCE Cambridge Studio. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment on October 9, 1998.
- MediEvil 2. Developed by SCEE Cambridge Studio. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment on April 21, 2000.
- Sorcerers - Katie Lea: LEVEL MAPPING on MediEvil Official EU Website (archived version).
- Q&A With Tim Closs! (Lead Programmer) on Highway Frogs. Published December 19, 2015. Retrieved December 30, 2021.
- Frogger File Information Megathread on the Highway Frogs Forum.