MediEvil 3 (alternatively stylised as MediEvil III) is a hypothetical new video game entry in the MediEvil series. It is unknown whether the game would be a sequel, prequel or midquel to the existing games, or a reboot of the franchise.
Over the years there have been several attempts to produce an official third entry into the series, especially by SCEE Cambridge Studio:
SCEE Cambridge Studio pitches
- Dan in space concept.[better source needed]
- MediEvil 3: Fate's Arrow, a direct sequel to MediEvil 2 as well as a prequel to MediEvil.
- MediEvil: A Game of Bones, a midquel between MediEvil and MediEvil 2.
- GTA MediEvil mod for GTA: San Andreas. Eventually became the MediEvil III fan game. Cancelled in 2011 due to a C&D from Sony.
- MediEvil Decay fan game. Cancelled in 2012 due to 'personal reasons.'
- The One Eyed Knight fan film. Cancelled and revived several times, but ultimately cancelled.
- "Nothing official went ahead but we had various little neat ideas discussed including Dan in space ( wearing a space age update of his armour) but the one that we did some artwork and design for was a MediEvil game that would have taken place back in olde Gallowmere and would have seen an evil Jack Frost plunging the land into winter." — Comment by Kergan on MediEvil 3: Fate’s Arrow [PS2 – Cancelled Pitch] on Unseen64. Published April 23, 2016. Retrieved August 10, 2023.
- MediEvil 3: Fate’s Arrow [PS2 – Cancelled Pitch] on Unseen64. Published April 19, 2016. Retrieved August 10, 2023.
- A Game of Bones on MediEvil Boards. Published March 19, 2012.
- Cancelled Medievil pitch on Tomb - Portfolio of Tom Bramall. Retrieved August 10, 2023.
- Petition to create Medievil 3! on Petition Spot. (Archived version)
- Make Medievil 3! on Change.org. (Petition Closed)
- Sony, Develop MediEvil 3! on GamerPetitions. (Website down)
- Start the development of MediEvil on PS4 on Change.org. (Petition Closed)